Read stories, updates, and more about CWS-P/A's latest work in Pakistan and Afghanistan through our three times per year newsletter.
Promoting and Implementing Quality and Accountability in Asia Pacific Since 2005
- Promoting and Implementing Quality and Accountability in Asia Pacific Since 2005
- ANNEX 1: Detailed Achievements and Analysis
- ANNEX 2: An Annotated Bibliography
- ANNEX 3: Ten Case Studies: ‘Testimonies from Q&A Implementation’
Q-A Best Practice Sheets
- 1. Mainstreaming Q&A
- 2. Humanitarian Quality Management System
- 3. Minimum Standards During Disasters
- 4. Q&A in Harsh Conditions
- 5. Information Sharing
- 6. Complaints Handling
- 7. Information & Complaints Handling Centres
2010 HAP Standards
CWS-P/A believes that community participation is an important aspect of project interventions. Understanding community needs is the foundation for relevant and sustainable projects that are based on respect and preserving the dignity of the people who are served. CWS-P/A defines participation as: an informed and empowered involvement of beneficiaries during all stages of the project cycle to the greatest extent possible in a given context.